Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Can't Nobody Take My Pride, Uh-uh,

"Uh - Uh, can't nobody hold me down, ohh no, I got to keep on movin... Broken glass everywhere, if it ain't about the..." Oh P Diddy, when you are you going to invite me to your 4th of July white party? Never... I get it... I should throw my own - in K9Bish's backyard. HAHAHA

First things first - HAPPY WORLD SERIES DAY! I have said that 18 million times this morning and it still doesn't get old. One of my fav girls of all time, Erin, from Shes A Big Star and I have this bet... if the Sox wins she takes over my blog for a day - if the Cards win I take over hers. I am writing my post now;) Mwah!

Credit for Image HERE
Okay so I was reading Steph's post and it got me thinking... I am 33 and I am not getting any younger and I am finally in a "place" where I think I am gaining confidence in who I am... So with that being said, here is my list of what I have learned or do, now I am getting older...

-  Smiling is my favorite - period. Why go through life with a "pussface" - no fun in that?

-  Take risks here and there - why not? Could turn out to be a good thing and if not - you learned something.

-  Laugh A LOT... keeps those face muscles exercised/tight and most everyone looks adorable doing it.

-  Don't put up with things you don't want to. Nix it quickly... Done and Done.

-  Hug and kiss your babies a million times a day - it goes by way to quickly.

-  Let go of the past, live in the moment, and don't fear the future - even if you know with that comes wrinkles, love handles, and gray hair.

-  Don't let others bring you down - rise above - YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

-  Keep your good friends close - don't neglect them. When life gets in the way make sure they know you miss/love them.

-  Roll with the changes - change is inevitable, STOP trying to stagnant - it will only hurt in the long run.

-  Passion - have it, use it, find it... It is what keeps the fire inside.

-  Let things go - life's too short BUT... stand up for yourself - good balance here.

-  Stop making excuses - DO IT! There is NEVER a right time for anything - there is just TIME.

Well I think I have laid it all out there on #jesushalfday (my and Kimmy's new version of Hump Day) - like it so much better than the word "hump".

Smiling IS my favorite
GO CARDS!

What have you learned? Sox or Cards? Hump Day or JesusHalfDay?

15 comments:

  1. Thank you ... needed to hear/read ALL that today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Cards!!!! and I very much like JesusHalfDay, its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happppppy Worrrrrrld Serrrrrries Daaaaaay! #12in13

    ReplyDelete
  4. RED SOX! And I prefer saying HUMP DAYYYYYY! Plus one of my professor's name is Mike and I see him on Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh, nothing better than that little pep talk in the middle of a crazy day...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great advice as always!!!

    You are so taking over Erin's blog. What was that silly girl thinking?

    Birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bring it sister!! I'm SO glad that I have you (and all my other STL loves!) to compete in this WS with... totally going to be fun trash talking over the next 7 or so games!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love! Love! Love! Minus the Cards, but you already know! Love you chica! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I like this list a lot! Mostly the "don't put up with things you do want to" bit - I have been living by that lately!! of course, sometimes I don't want to drive 2 hours to go to my BFF's stepdaughter's birthday party, but I know it means a lot to her so I will :) but playing on a dodgeball team just because I said I would, when I have enough going on anyways and I dread the thought of going....not gonna do it! bye squared!! happy #jesushalfday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great list to share with your babies one day?!

    Finally! Someone that seems to love baseball as much as I do. Hard to find. Most people's response is, "I like going to baseball games but I don't like watching it on tv." Lame! They don't know what they are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving that list!!! It's so easy to ignore so many important things because life gets in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that!! Great list! Life's too short to waste! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it was a sad world series day.... :(

    ReplyDelete