Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Down Right Real Ryan...

I am running a marathon on December 7th - not 13.1, FREAKIN 26.2. Ummmm... did you hear that Mel - get it together... Here is the deal - I ran 4 halves in 6 weeks and guess what? I got burnt out for a bit. I have been running 4 days a week since, BUT... this weekend I was supposed to run 16 miles, AND... I chose to spend it with my family instead. I didn't run. Do I know how important it is to keep up with my training? YES... but I NEEDED A BREAK! Okay... it feels better putting it out there.

Waaah.Waaah.Waaah. Whoa is me... with school, work, home life, extra curricular things, etc... SHUT IT! Last week I had a "bad" week - I was tired, sad, mad, cleansing, and just down right not in the right frame of mind. I was playing "pity party" in my own head BUT... guess whose back? It's time to hit this marathon training hard - regardless... This is NO joke - you can't "fake it and make it" during a marathon (I kinda think you CAN do that for a half) - you gotta put the WORK in...


My training this week:
Monday- 4 miles
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - 5 miles
Thursday - Rest
Friday - 6 miles
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 18 miles

Total = 36 miles

Time to up my game and start focusing... I feel like I am "BACK" - done with my week of weirdness, focusing too much on things that won't benefit me, and ready to take on the world. BOOM!


Tuesday ON

How is training going for you? What do you do to motivate yourself again?

17 comments:

  1. I want to be at the finish line too if he's there :) I can't wait for your marathon, you are going to rock the shit out of it! You do everything and anything you put your mind to, you got it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be in sync! I am training for my second marathon right now and last week I had a bad week two. I missed two runs and my 13 miles turned into 7. FAIL. But this week, like you, I am back at it! Good luck on your 18, I know you are going to rock it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wiping drool - Ryan is toooo good looking! I can't wait to read all about you kicking that marathon's ass & how much fun you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I don't know how you do it all! You are a rockstar in my book! No doubt that you will kick some major booty in your full!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a girl who is back to eating normal food. Energized and ready to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im sorry you were having a bad week - glad to see youre back :) Im feeling sick this week, hope it passes quickly :/ Nobody has time for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not alone...says the girl who snoozed thru her running alarm clock AND get to work on time alarm clock!!! Signing up for two races by the end of this week to keep myself on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Training is so hard for me!! The days I am supposed to run I have class which makes it super hard!! I feel ya

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet mother... If that is what is waiting for people at the end of marathons... count me in!!!

    Don't get me started about last night. I am too depressed. Hopefully, we can win two on the road! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate losing. When I have no motivation in the weight room I think of the commercial with Kevin Durant and Dwayne Wade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjQishYOy0 I know that the girls in my conference are kicking ass in the weight room so I need to do twice as much. I want to be in their nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that I think you can fake it til you make it your way through a half, if you've already done it a few times AND you're in good shape. No playing around with a full though. Sounds like your body was screaming for some rest. I know you will kill that marathon Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll be so glad that you put in the work come race day. Get it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh I can not wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm positive that you'll breeze right through this training. You're a machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Mel! Eh, we all have moments and need breaks. Its good for you to take a break sometimes. Isn't there such a thing as "over-training"? I bet so. I will be doing my first half in April, which I know, I already told you. My friend and I will be walking most of it. We debated whether that was cheating but we decided that getting to the finish line is an accomplishment, whether we are walking or running. I didn't say it, but I loved today's post too :) Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete