Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pile on the Miles Challenge

What up peeps - Wednesday baby... AND... one of my favorite months is coming up shortly... NOVEMBER! I have many reasons I love this month - sweaters, tights, boots, food, wine, and my favorite challenge"Pile on the Miles" from the girl who loves her watermelon, Monica from Run, Eat, Repeat.

In November she hosts this amazing walking/running challenge to pack on some mileage instead of the lbs. The Holidays are approaching, and you know we want to look our best at all those family gatherings and work functions.

You sign up - keep your miles accountable each week - and also could win some sick prizes. You set a goal for yourself for the month and keep the spreadsheet updated each week - if you make the goal. HUZZAH!

I set my goal for the month - 100 miles. Join in the fun with me?

In November, I am going to dedicate my Monday posts to how my running is going from the previous week - I can make it a link-up if anyone is interested in doing a Monday Running Chat - kind of thing? I am also going to keep myself accountable on twitter @4kottez and of course my all time love IG @missmel_joy

If interested head over HERE and sign up!!! Come on - you know you want to... Let's RUN....



21 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! I am definitely going to be participating in this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm in! I was actually just thinking yesterday I'd like to do a November challenge so this is perfect. I set mine for 60 miles - walking 2 miles/day (can't run due to my injury that occured while I was training for a half).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap Mel! That's 3.3333 miles each DAY. Dang you aren't messing around! Good Lord kill me now! Okay, going to go sign up. I'm sticking my tongue out at you because this is going to bite. But will be *cough* worth it. P.S. I'll do the Monday Running Chat link up with you. Then I actually HAVE to stay accountable. &^%$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Submitted my commitment for 100 in November. Can I start now???!!!

      Delete
  4. I just signed up today. I'm up for a Monday Running link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm up for a Monday running linkup! :) I signed up for 120 miles, which makes me sick to my stomach....I think I did my math wrong? Hahaha I didn't, but I'm just nuts....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yee ha this is exactly what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am down for the Monday run chat link up! I can't believe it's Pile on the Miles time already! Woop woop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Challenge! I need to up my miles and always seem to do better if I have some accountability!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Signed up as well. Going for 100, hoping I can make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should do this but my goal would be like 10 miles. I do plan on adding the treadmill back into my routine...when I start my routine again. And I think it's funny you look forward to November for sweaters, rights and boots. We've been in that mode for 2 months now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monday running link up- YES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I signed up!!!! This should be interesting lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo I do love a good challenge. Signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think we both know the only miles i will be piling on is in my car… :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. 100? Wow! I'm not quite there yet. I'll aim for 50. Definitely link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Signed up and set my goal to 80! Yikes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this challenge! Since I'm finally okay to exercise again starting on Sunday, I think I might try it out! of course, I'm sure I will be doing more walking than running....but a mile is a mile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is exactly what i need! signing up now!!

    ReplyDelete