Marathon Week 2 Training Update
Training Schedule in BLACK - What I actually did in GREENISH BLUE
Monday, Sept 23rd - 3 miles or Rest / REST
Tuesday, Sept 24th - 3-4 miles or Cross Train / 3 Miles
Wednesday, Sept 25th - 4 miles / 5 Miles
Thursday, Sept 26th - Cross Train or Rest / REST
Friday, Sept 27th- 4-6 miles / REST
Saturday, Sept 28th - Rest / 13.1 Miles
Sunday, Sept 29th - 8-10 miles / REST
Total Miles Week 1 of Training = 21.1 MILES
- with the half this past weekend, I scaled back a tad on the miles and took two rest days off before the half. I REALLY am glad I did and will most likely do this before every race from here on out.
- this week's schedule looks just like the one above - I AM going to get up my mileage by 3 or 4 miles though. I have the MO Cowbell Half Marathon on Sunday so I want my legs rested up a bit for that race as well but I need to stick with my marathon training.
Alright... it's time to recap my September goals and see if I kept up my end of the bargain? I wrote about my September goals HERE.
Here they were:
- Plank a Day Challenge... (with Melissa)
yeah NOPE... didn't do but a week. FAIL
- Squats every day - find the dang time...
I stuck to this pretty well. I am going with PASS
- Stick to my training schedule
PASS with a few minor changes here and there
- One cheat day a week - yes a whole day because my meals turn into a day... no shame in the game... FAIL - I ate. I ate better but I ate... I need to just give this one up... I mean, honestly.
- No Swedish Fish ALL month - I am dying on the inside thinking about this...
PASS and I am dying to get my hands on a bag tonight.
- Booze... ONCE a week - that's it... shouldn't be too terrible, but football and beer go together like Big Sexy hairspray and me;)
PASS - actually I don't think I even drank once a week. I really cut out booze and it wasn't the end of the world.
All in all 2 FAIL's and 4 PASSES - I am pretty pleased with last month's goal challenge:)
In other running news - have you heard about the Hot Chocolate 15/5K that is coming to St. Louis for the FIRST time December 15th? This run not only has some delish swag / adorable zip ups / and a chocolate filled post race party but the BEST part is the charity is the Ronald McDonald House Charities of St. Louis.
I would run this race, but I am running the St. Jude Marathon the week before so I am taking a hiatus from racing for a bit after that. If you are interested - Emily from Running Like a Mother is having a great giveaway today (post should be up soon) for a free entry for the run (the cost is $65.00 dollars) so check it out!
How did your Sept goals go? Running the Cowbell this weekend? Thoughts on the Hot Chocolate Race?