Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Lovin - Gpa style...

Happy Monday - WOOT! It's a new week and THAT makes me happy. I am going to do a lil weekend recap for you - as I haven't really spent much time talking about what is up in my life...

My grandfather had a heart attack about 3 weeks ago and had to be flown here to St. Louis for bypass surgery and rehab after the surgery. For the past 3 weeks my father, step-mother, and step-sister have put their life on hold to take care of him, my grandmother, and Uncle. I have been up at the hospital as best as I could with school, kids dance, E's schedule, work, and everything else going on...

Last week he was discharged from the hospital and I thought it would be nice to take the family down to visit them all (being my Dad has been down there for 2 weeks or so). So we packed up Saturday afternoon and off we went. My grandparents live about 2 hrs from St. Louis and out in the middle of no-where (or at least to me). They are farm folk and when I say "farm folk" - I mean - wake up, eat a huge breakfast, go outside, come in, eat a huge lunch (supper), go back outside, come back in eat a huge dinner, and then go to bed at 8. Farm Style...


We did a little shooting... I drove the kids around in the golf cart... I taught Elle to drive... We ate, ate, ate and spent good quality time with my family. It was needed. I love my Dad and missed my grandparents. The kids were on their best behavior and I could tell my grandparents enjoyed their company, thoroughly.





Gpa is on the up and up - he is doing so well. That makes me happy - strong man I tell ya... And... there ya have it... Farmer Mel:)

Monday Out




23 comments:

  1. looks like an awesome relaxing weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for your grandpa! Bypass surgery is no joke! I enjoy living the "farm life" for a few days while visiting family, and then I'm ready to get back to my world of Netflix and treadmills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy your gpa is doing better. Sometimes a little down time even if its farm style is needed...to relax, unwind and just enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks just like her mom! Praying for your grandpa! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa! I hope he is doing well! And I never thought I saw you as a farm girl, but you totally rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that your Grandpa is doing better and you got some family time in this weekend. Honestly, some of my best childhood memories are from my Grandpa's farm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the trip was a great idea. Glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear he is doing better! It looks like a nice relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love my farm life!! Although my little (and I do mean little) space is still budding into a farm, I love the quiet and the fact that my kids can go play and explore and I can let them be kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your grandpa is on the up and up! Farm Style...that's the way to go!!! The easy laid back life. I will say I've never seen anyone look as gorgeous as you shooting a gun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww yayyl... nothing better than quality time with the family and I bet it meant the world to your grandparents! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha love that last picture with Elle throwing up the dueces! Prayers for you grandpa & family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to read that your gpa is doing better. Bummed that you all had to go through so much, but glad it went well in the end! That farm must suit you because you look amazing out there :) Wish I could catch up tonight & celebrate the Birds winning with you :-/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see everyone is doing better!! Family usually helps everything! Also, you look smokin' shooting that gun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband's family is similar re: small town america (lots of farmers) and lunch=supper...confuses me every time (still!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am from a small farm town! My whole family is from Beecher City, IL. My grandpa is a farmer and I love that simple life. We visit as often as we can. He may not be able to really hear or see us, but I can tell from the tight squeeze, he gives my hand, he knows we are there. I am SO happy that everything turned out well for your grandpa. You are such a good granddaughter to bring the family to visit! Loved the pics on IG!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear your Grandfather is doing better

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear your Gpa is on the mend. Love the pic's!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every man's dream - seeing you standing there w/ a gun! :)

    Glad Gpa is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad Gpa is doing better! And that you had a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Praying for your Gpa and your family!! Ps you look like a BAMF with that gun woman :-) I love target shooting, such a rush!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So happy your grandpa is getting better! Nothing better then a lil' down home family time :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad your Grandpa is doing well! Yay for family time!

    ReplyDelete