Friday, November 22, 2013

30's are where it is at...

Look I am not shy about disclosing my age - I am 33 and although I could probably be some of your all's mom - the 30's are where it is at.


Here are a few things in my 30's that I have learned:

My kids are older. I did the baby stage and was home bound for years - now they are older they can go WITH me and/or are old enough that I "think" they can handle being at g-ma and g-pa's for a bit. Insert more freedom.

With age comes confidence (at least to me). Confidence in knowing who you align with, who you don't, where you want to go, etc... Making time for those that matter and things that matter - and realizing the other stuff is just "fluff".

Not letting things pass me by. If I want to do it - I am going to do it. I am only on this planet once and have come to realize - no one or nothing is going to stop me from being happy. I want to LIVE life and I will.

Wanting to give back. It wasn't until I hit my 30's that I realized how important it is to give back. Now I try to give back every chance I get.

Allowing myself to not "worry" about what other's think. I used to focus on this so much - now, as long as I am happy, my family is happy, and life is moving along swimmingly - I let it roll off. Everyone will have their own opinion and I believe it is ME who can allow their opinions to hurt me - I choose not to.

Standing up for myself. I use to shy away from confrontation - that changed after I had my children. I will fight for them and now I learned that I am worth fighting for too.

30's you get your MOJO back... you know what I am talking about;) well maybe that is just me.... HA

I am no longer the youngest in the work place - that boosts some confidence too.

I am an example for 2 little impressionable beings living in my household - my goal in life is to show them that life is good - make it what you will - be who you are - don't let life pass you by - be kind - be humble - and reach for the stars.


If you love Tarjay like the rest of us - get on over to check out Holly's give-a-way - who doesn't love $75.00 buckaroooos...

WEEKEND ON

25 comments:

  1. You are so fabulous I can barely stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. and YESSSSS. I totally feel this way too. I have so many things I'm trying to accomplish before my 40th...which sadly is in only 18 months...so that I head into that stage of life feeling and being the most awesome version of myself that I can be. GREAT POST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this list! I wish I hadn't gotten so far into my 30's before I realized some of it. You are a beautiful person, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right on the money sister!!! So well said! Beauty is being confident in yourself and knowing who you are and what you want. The outside beauty is just a good bonus and you my friend are a force to be reckoned with! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree! I loved my 30's much more than my 20's. And believe it or not, now I am actually closer to 40 than 30. Lord help us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait til you start staring 40 in the face all that triples!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when I do that! Anyway, great post! All of these things I need to or am working on. You're awesome!

      Delete
  8. This is right on and is something I have been saying for a while now. I just turned 30 but the past 2 years have been so great and continue to get better. My confidence, the love for my family (20 month old) and everything else you said. Simply true! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving my 30s too! Except I haven't done the kid thing yet. Lord help me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I'm a little older (36) but I totally agree!!! :)
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! And as someone that is about to turn 42 (gasp) it just keeps getting better!! I am at peace with my past and truly enjoy every second of every day. Life is too short not to! BTW-you look 22!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for imparting your fantastic wisdom! I will be turning thirty in April. Looking forward to it- I hear the thirties are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great post! It's good to know that life doesn't stop being fabulous when you're in your thirties. :) I'll be joining that club in just a short 11 months!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! I was mortified to turn 30 but quickly realized they're wayyy better than your 20's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post SO MUCH. Especially your #3. I'm almost 29, and I've made a ton of mistakes in my 20's...I'm kind of looking forward to letting them go.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are amazing! That is all. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my best friend's is 32 and she just had her first babe. You could be my mom if you had me at 11 freak show. You aren't old balls yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post!! The thirties are getting better!! Definitely more confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A friend and I were just having a conversation on this yesterday. I totally relate with everything you said. The 30's rock!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree, 30s are way better than the 20s were. I called my 20s back when I was young and dumb! I just turned 30 this year but feel like I have grown so much, especially with being okay with who I am. I used to worry too much what others thought as well and now I've given that up. I'm me, for good or bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving the 30s as well! 33 aint got nothing on you bayyyybeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  22. 30's are the bomb. I can say this as I'm your elder. Lol. This post is spot on.
    Nicki
    beautifullyawkward01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I TOTALLY agree with everything you've said!!! Even though my kiddos are only 4 and 6 months, I just turned 33 and I'll tell you, You're so RIGHT! The 30s are awesome and I am loving life at this point in my life! Things just seem to be fitting with me better than my twenties. Good job sayin it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I turn 30 in March and I'm honestly not freaked out by it. 40? Maybe....but not 30.

    ReplyDelete