Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Coming back from Cali...

It's Tuesday (the worst day of the week) and it holds true this week. I am SICK... like someone punched me in the sinuses sick. I can't breathe and it feels like 75 people are pushing on my chest. Fun I tell you...

I left for Cali last Wednesday and returned on Saturday. My flight was delayed so I didn't get in until midnight. Oh... and I got sick on Friday - so flying home with a head cold is probably in my top 3 HELL moments - right up there with birth and listening to people "baby talk".

San Diego is beautiful - I am not lying... not just beautiful - it feels like home to me. When I get there I feel a sense of peace and when I leave, I immediately go into depression (I am still there...). We stayed in Gaslamp this time and it was hopping... Wednesday evening was a "Meet and Greet" and then some shenanigans afterwards... Thursday and Friday were conferences all day - and I presented on Friday - went swimmingly. And those evenings - more shenanigans... Here are a few highlights...

We stayed at the Palomar Hotel   - it is a pet friendly, quaint, and unique hotel. It's fun to meet new friends in the uni-sex bathroom... Hey.Hey.Hey...

Hey boys and girls;)
San Diego view from my room at night
Meet and Greet attire on Wednesday night...
Day 1 of the conference in my fav Gemma Earrings from Kiki La'Rue
Oh hai... Pent House...
This was not our room, but we had a few conference goer friends who scored the Pent House - with 4 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, loft, kitchen, dining room, and living room for the TWO of them;) Of course you know we spent some "quality" time there - LOL...

You know I didn't leave Cali without a few purchases - insert new skirt... (earrings and bracelet not pictured;)
Honestly - I didn't go picture crazy this year... I was busy at the conference and the evenings came and went quickly. Here are few places we ate at along the trip...

Azul in La Jolla - dinner
Elephant & Castle Pub - lunch
de Medici - dinner
Cafe 21 - brunch
Saltbox - late night foods

With all the excitement, Friday I started feeling terrible by Saturday I was ILL. Flying home was horrendous and getting in around midnight - was not my idea of a good time. I also came home with this beauty... How? Who knows?



So I am back - under the weather - and missing the beautiful weather - but I missed my babies so much and I could not wait to snuggle their faces. I think they would like San Diego... I *might* be planning a summer trip there with everyone. It's time they learned to love the Salt Life like their mama...

Tuesday Out
How is everyone? What have I missed? 

10 comments:

  1. That's one heck of a bruise!! I've always wanted to go to San Diego. That's one of R's favorite places too. He'd love to live there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH!!! That bruise looks intense!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt a range of happy and sad in this post lol
    I hope you feel better soon. I hate when the sickness just refuses to go away!!
    I looooove Southern California. I wish I never moved back to Indiana! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year for Thanksgiving I flew from Charlotte, NC to Kansas City with a sinus infection... I wanted a gun to put myself out of my misery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big sad face! Hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mel! I hope you feel better soon! I am getting back into the swing of things and I am planning to walk my first half marathon in April 2014! I am getting caught up on blogs, so you might see a few more comments from me. :) Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you dont take elle to the beach this summer i am stealing her and taking her with us! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brother is in the Marines and just got stationed there. He loves it, it looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you haven't been feeling well but at least looks like you had a great trip. I totally agree it is a awesome place. I would go back anytime

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sinuses have been going crazy too... hope you are feeling better, DayQuil is the most amazing thing ever.

    ReplyDelete