Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Outskeeeeeeez....

I am out... ready to hit up beautiful sunny San Diego - the "mothership" of the U.S. in my opinion. Beautiful... I am presenting at the conference and I adore public speaking - so really looking forward to it.


Yesterday, Christine reached out to Holly with this story and it tugged at my heart. I must share - please take a moment to read and visit the page...

A 4-year old girl, Jenna, went to preschool one day & was complaning of a stomach ache. They called her mom, Sheilah Readmond, because she lost motor function; long story short, they found out within a matter of hours that Jenna has a very progressive type of brain cancer. They are still in the testing phases, hoping to start treatment soon. This happened about 3 weeks ago; Jenna has been down in Grand Rapids (about 4 hours away) for most of those 3 weeks. She's continuing to have seizures, mostly under control for now, however the tumors are growing very quickly. You can read the full story & updates here:
 

I hope everyone has a great week and I will be back on Monday with the running link-up and details about my FIRST 20 miler... 

Surfs Up

10 comments:

  1. Have fun in San Diego!
    I can't imagine running for 20 miles - I can barely manage a 5k! LOL. I need your determination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! Can't wait to hear about how your presentation goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to hear how the presentation goes and the 20 miles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip! You are right it is a awesome place to go

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be thinking of your during your 20 miles. I've never been to San Diego, but I'm DYING to go. Gorgeous weather + Mexican food? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous! Have a good trip and I can't wait to read about your 20 miler! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad. I'll definitely be praying for little Jenna.

    Enjoy Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's heartbreaking. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That poor baby girl... praying for her and her family. Kick butt at your presentation and your 20 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I've been reading your blog and just started my own. I added you as one of my favorite blogs to read. Hope you get a chance to stop by but please know I am very much in the beginning stages!

    ReplyDelete