Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bring on 2014 with a Challenge

Thank you ALL for the wonderful comments yesterday on my first marathon post. I appreciate it so much. Today we sit - the last day of 2013 and I am READY for a new year baby!!!

I have been thinking really hard about my resolutions for 2014 and I am going to keep them to just a few - sometimes my mind wanders and I have 17 million things I want to accomplish - then I get overwhelmed and crawl back into my turtle shell. I have learned to keep my goals minimal and if I achieve more, then BONUS!

2014 Resolutions
2 Marathons (goal of sub 4:30)
5-7 Half Marathons (goal of sub 1:50)
Lose 10-15 lbs (tone up)
Travel without "running" involved
Continue to get A's in my classes

With all that being said, I am looking forward to starting 2014 and going back to my favorite "weight lifting" and actually running because I love it (not for training). If you haven't heard already Holly, Jenn, Kimmy, and I are gearing our rears up to smack JM in the face everyday in the Jillian in January Challenge. If you are interested in joining this challenge and winning some CASH MONEY YO... here is what you need to know:

All you have to do to join is pick your favorite Jillian DVD. I like her DVD's because they are only about $9 a Target and they are short enough to do before/after work and actually provide results. You can check out Holly's Shred results HERE.



Starting this Thursday, the 2nd, we are doing a 30 day challenge. If you want to join in on the fun {and accountability}, just take your before pictures and measurements. You do NOT share these with us until you are done with the challenge if you want to compete for the prize. Use the hash tag #jmdvdchallenge for your chance to win a prize pack.

1st place gets $150 cash money. Each of us will pick one person with the best before and after pictures. We will then post those images on our instagram feeds. The person with the most LIKES gets the money.

There is also a prize for "A" for Effort. The person who consistently posts their daily Jillian workouts and keeps others motivated will win a Ruffles with Love tank of their choice.

The great thing about the challenge, is that it provides two make-up days for those who can't do the DVD 30 days in a row. It also ends on Sunday, February 2nd, the day of the Super Bowl... so we can all pour Velveeta cheese down our pie holes to celebrate;)

I am planning on doing before and after pictures AND posting them after the challenge here on the good ole bloggy blog - FREAKS ME OUT... but I think it is about time to get real and make this commitment to myself. 

Have a wonderful New Year's and best of luck to everyone in 2014!

Planning on joining the challenge? Did you get what you want accomplished in 2013? Run with me in 2014?

9 comments:

  1. EEKS before and after pics! I'm still game anyways! Better dig out that shred dvd tonight! Happy New Year, Melanie! I'm so glad I found your blog this year. You've been such a motivator for me to keep moving and push to meet my goals. Since you have TWO marathons on your list for 2014...might I recommend Chicago in October? :) Cheers to making 2014 the best year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna jump on the challenge bandwagon, just the motivation I need right now :)

    2014 running goal is 6 halfs and a new PR(did 4 this year and PRed twice)...and maybe a marathon, still playing with the idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to do this! I got a lot accomplished in 2013, and I am so ready for 2014. This is my thirtieth year, and I'm going to try to make it my best!

    But I won't be running with you. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, wish this challenge was in, say, April! :) Can't wait to see the results, you'll kill it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so on board with this, but I'm so afraid to get on the scale and see what my holiday festivities of food has done! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate JM. She makes me angry. Lol. But good luck to you girlie. Cheers to 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great challenge and it couldn't have come at a better time for me. I've been looking for that spark of motivation and what better than a contest! You ladies are awesome for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in. And I'm doing before and after pics for another challenge I'm in. I have to post them and I'm freaking out. Scares me into getting toned haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for being such a great motivator! I know you will hit your goal times for your races! I'm doing a half this year and my goal is just to finish alive haha :)

    ReplyDelete