Monday, December 16, 2013

Fitness Related

It's Monday and this weekend wore me OUT... It was filled with "not too much going on" but "all too much".

I am STILL running and the marathon is creeping on me fast - it is Saturday, December 28th in Springfield, MO. This "Run for the Ranch" is a bit different than the other races I have ran, it is a loop race. The race course is 3.2 mile loop and you run it 4x for a half marathon and 8x for a marathon. OUCH... I remember the last race in Peoria - this was a loop race and you ran it twice AND... I hated it. Ugh... When I reached the finished line I was supposed to be done and my mind could not comprehend going around AGAIN... Now I go around 8 times. AGH!!!!!!!!

Am I nervous to run 26.2 in the bitter cold?- honestly, not that much - I am more excited than anything. Am I nervous what my mind will do running the loops? - YES!

So here is what I am doing to prepare besides STILL following the training schedule OVER AGAIN. I am going to run two loops this weekend. I have this trail by me that is 5.1 miles - I plan on running it twice on Sunday morning and we will see how my mind does. I have a few 5 milers & 4 milers this week and then I am doing 10 this weekend. Next week (Christmas week) is taper week and then that Saturday is the day - weather willing...

I am going to be honest - I can't wait for January and hitting weight training hard again. I am on a mission in 2014 to get my booty in GREAT shape (and still run - you know I love it too much) because I might have convinced some ladies to run the Cupid's Undie Run with me in February - BAAAHHH!!!

Monday Out

Ever run a loop half or marathon? Any tips for this type of course? Wanna undie run with?

11 comments:

  1. I trained on a 6 mile loop and actually liked it. You will do awesome! It may be easier to quit, but you're mentally strong enough that you'll be FINE. My advice is (what EVERYONE says) start way slower than you think. You don't want to end up starting your walk breaks at mile 15 like I did. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. An undie run in St Louis in Feb oh my COLDness LOL!!! However that would be hysterical to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday!! Fingers crossed the weather is good for your marathon next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Undie run..........what will they come up with next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did it for my last half. I actually really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you're worried about being cold for the marathon;-) Running in your skivvies in Feb sounds a bit colder! You're a brave soul my dear!! For the loops; you know how people dedicate a mile to a certain person in the marathon? Maybe you could pick 8 people (or reasons?); one for each loop. Personally I think I'd like the loop approach (not for every race)...you'll know where the portapoties and fueling stations are if nothing else...plus your peeps should be able to see you multiple times!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Run the same loop 8 times?! Yikes!! That sounds like torture to me! :)

    You got it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm no where near as accomplished as you are, but I'm training for a half on a 1.2 mile loop. KILL. ME. NOW. I'd like to think I'll branch out and run other places, but no. No, I won't. Because it's too convenient to do what I'm doing. So I just put my head down, look at the road, and pretend I'm in the Bahamas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully the weather won't be too bad. I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the WORST during a race when you get to cross the finish line yet you still have to go around again. It just toys with my emotions! Can't wait to hear about the marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your marathon isn't as cold as the hot chocolate run was this past weekend. good luck. and the undie run- no way....

    ReplyDelete