Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I AM...

I feel that I am an open and honest person on this blog, but we all hesitate at times before we post (if you say you don't - you are not being truthful #sorryIamnotsorry)

I am going to lay a few things out there for you today... NOW... let me preface by saying that I am OPEN to everyone and their own opinions and/or beliefs - these are just some of mine...

- I am Catholic. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe in prayer. 

- I believe in working hard for the things you have.

- I believe in educating oneself.

- I believe your children come first, but to not to lose sight of who you are. 

- I strive for more. I always have a goal to achieve. I do not feel satisfied stagnating.

- I believe in the power of positivity - I lack patience for non-stop negativity. 

- I don't acknowledge behavior that "I" find ridiculous (in whatever form that means). 

- I will try, try, try, and at some point I find it exhausting  if the trying is not reciprocated. I will then stop and never try again.

- I believe if you are not happy, to make the changes necessary to get you to that "happy state".

- I believe in taking responsibility for one's actions. 

- I do not forgive easily and I never forget. 

- I have secrets that will never be shared.

- I like to be in control - and do not do well taking a back seat.

- I believe you live on this earth once - so enjoy it while you are here.

- Instead of getting upset, I shut it out and move on quickly.

- I lack emotion sometimes when it is NOT happiness.

- I feel inferior often.

- I have a small attention span... and my mind wanders often.

- I am competitive.

- I have a hard time trusting.

- I try not to let other's negative opinions of me hurt - but they do.

- I have a big open heart and this means it can get hurt all too easily as well.

- I love all those in my life and try my hardest to make sure they know that every single day. I believe you need to tell those around you love them - show them what they mean to you.


Alright there you go... Just a little "I am" session for you today. Have a great worst day of the week!

18 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that you are fabulous! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list! We all have our flaws but I try to live by a lot of these each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all this!!!! Happy worst day of the week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I feel like I wrote it - especially the working hard and make yourself happy :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive Patty in tha house...LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and YOU! I have to be honest and say I love coming to your blog because I feel I relate to you SO well in a lot of ways, and in other ways you make me strive to be better (it must be that way you seem to always have it ALL together ALL the time). You're a gem, girl. Happy WORST day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!!! Sounds like we are very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to all of this! I love this and you!!! Can't wait until Monday!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every.single. one of your I am's describe me to a T, right down to the catholic part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! :)
    I think having a good heart is a wonderful thing. Never lose that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love! This is one of the reasons I visit your blog, daily. Positivity is a wonderful virtue. I see a lot of things on this list that I identify with in my own personality.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of this! Thanks for sharing :) Hugs...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't been able to get on for weeks due to my not so smart phone and this is the first post I read. exactly why I love ya Mel!!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great list! I agree with you on all accounts. Last Saturday, I injured my knee slightly on the treadmill. I am still working towards the half in April though. I will likely skip my weekly long walk this weekend to make sure the knee is up to par. I walked 8.5 miles in 2 hours and 17 minutes. Let's both keep striving for greatness! I know we can get there! Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this. I could have written most of these about myself. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete