Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I don't break the rules, I just bend them...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments yesterday - I AM excited to run on the 28th. 3 more weeks of training - I can handle that:)

I am a pretty "go with the flow" girl unless it comes down to a few things - then I pull the "princess card". 

ONE
I will NOT walk a long way to get somewhere - Sure... I will run twenty something miles but I will NOT park a million miles away to walk to a store, game, or any place matter of fact. I WILL pay that 30 bucks to park next to Busch Stadium, valet all day errrrday, or park in the space that says "30 minute parking only" - that is JUST me. 

TWO
Don't even ask to roll down the windows down in my car - it just isn't going to happen. I like AIR - not outside air the AIR coming out the vents in my car. I don't want my hair blown to Timbuktu and I don't want to hear Shania Twain bumpin in the car next to me. Nope - not gonna happen. I am good with my nicely coiffed hair and No Limit Soldiers thank you;)

THREE
BBQ is not for me... I am not going to eat it out... period... Sure I will throw back a good slab of ribs off the grill in my own home, but I am NOT going to slop my face up in public. I will be fine sipping down a glass of Pinot Noir or a nice cold Stella, all the while why using my chop stix to eat sushi. I am not ashamed to say I like fine dining. Sue me... 

FOUR
I am NOT the most patient person you will meet - so if things are not done in a timely fashion I find a way to get them done. I will go up to the bar and get my own beer (or make someone go for me;), I will find someone ELSE to help me, or I MIGHT even do it myself. 

FIVE
Hotels and I can get tricky... I WILL spend the extra money to upgrade to suite or have the big tub. I like a nice room. I like to walk in and feel that "ahhhh this is nice" feeling and when I get back from a long day of conferences, I want to walk in and love it - just as I do my house. 

SIX
Oh you want to snap a quick picture - WAIT... I need to put on my lip gloss, check my hair, and I will be nudging to get to the spot that is my "good side";) Sorry I am NOT sorry...  

SEVEN
I play dumb to get what I want sometimes... Yes I said it... If you act like you don't have a clue what is going on or put on the "what - I don't understand?" face you would be amazed at the kind of results you get.


Well today was confession Tuesday... HAHAHA. Yes I can be a princess when I want to be. Those of you who know me, know my quirks... but I do have a big heart... I promise:) Now I want to hear some of your "princess card" moments... Please do share...

Happy Worst Day of the Week

17 comments:

  1. LOL I hate the windows down too. This is a point of frustration with Jeremy and I lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a Princess - big shocker huh LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1, 5 & 6 are ALLLLL me!! I can't help it!! I pull the Princess Card a lot...the husband understands and just goes with it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a princess about a few things, like I hate hate hate lunch meat (or cold sandwiches all together, ick) and I refuse to buy sheets that have polyester in them, I'm a 100% cotton girl all the way. Nothing wrong with being picky about certain things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Princess for sure!! Hehe love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I preach to my friends ALL. THE. TIME. that you've got to own it!!! My most recent diva moment, over the weekend after a few cocktails, was over cover to get into a stupid bar that obviously I thought I was above paying...and proceeded to have a fit because my friends walked in without me. So what if I enjoy an entourage and making an entrance :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these!

    Here's a few of mine...I hate making the bed so I hop out of it first in the morning so my husband has to make it (we have a deal that the last person up has to make it). When I go out to eat I have to sit on the side of the table that faces the door so I can see everyone that comes in. I think that my husband should drive when we go places together, I don't care if it's "my" car or not. I wash my hair everyday so it always has that "fresh" look. I've tried dry shampoo, but I can't do it unless I'm staying at home all day. Yeesh....I could go on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl I am with you... this sounds so terrible but the 'dumb blonde' card really does go a long way sometimes!;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all about the best parking spot and not having to walk a million blocks to get somewhere. Ain't nobody got time fo that! And, I don't camp. I will go on all of the "adventures" that camping entails, but I would rather not sleep outside. The bugs, animals, hard ground, no plumbing just does not appeal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will park in the "Employee of the Month" spot every time I see one. You know why?!?! Because, if said person was really a great employee, they would give their spot up for a customer.

    And my mom always said that rules were made for everyone except for me. I am a firm believer in asking for forgiveness and not permission.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm....I love it. The play dumb one totally works. "Oh, really I ha no idea". LOL
    I'm with you on the walking, the patience, and the hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. #6 cracks me up!!! I've witness this one a few times! You even poof your hair before bed. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bahaha I do pretty much all of those too. Except the BBQ. No shame in my game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so on board with all of this. Especially valet parking, nice hotel rooms and being picture perfect in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mkay, I think we may be twins. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete