Thursday, December 26, 2013

Next Up Marathon...

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas... We had a great Christmas eve and day... I had planned on sharing a photo dump of some of my favorite pictures from Christmas but I am at home and something funky is going on with my computer... So... that will have to come later (I did manage to get one though to work)


Sorry all text post below...

I am up EARLY on my day off because I can't sleep - I am beyond stoked about Saturday. The weather is supposed to be 55 and sunny in Springfield, MO and running weather CAN'T get better than that (unless it is 70 and you are running along the ocean;) I am even contemplating wearing shorts with my Pro Compression socks  - you know I have had my race outfit planned for 3 months...

I have been keeping up with my running (training) and doing well (fingers crossed) - I hit up 3 miles on my treadmill on Christmas and today I am going to head to the gym to stretch these legs out with a little 2 miler and some walking. That will be all I do until 26.2 on Saturday.

I opened up my Runners World magazine from November and read an article about how long to wait to run if your actual race was cancelled due to weather, and now I am freaking out and a little discouraged. It said that 1 week after or 5-6 weeks after are recommended. It stated that running 2-4 weeks after your cancelled race is not ideal. AGH!!!!!!!!!! That is what I am doing. It stated because there isn't enough time to bring back up the training - ugh.... but I am going for it.... going to give it my all... I need to let that article go... but it is weighing on me.

With all this being said, I am getting a few miles in, packing up, and heading out tomorrow morning. First time traveling with the family for a race - I need to get my packet, eat (of course), and I am taking the kids swimming in the hotel and playing Old Maid, Crazy Eights, and Go Fish in the room until they pass out - or I do first.

Race is at 10 AM (start time) on Saturday morning and then we are driving home afterwards - eeeek! 4 hrs in the car after running 26.2 - any recommendations? I am kind of hoping to just sleep... Well the next time you hear from me, hopefully I will have put 26.2 under these two feet. I will be on IG @missmel_joy if you wish to follow. Have a great weekend my friends and RUN IT!


18 comments:

  1. You are going to do great! Can't wait to hear the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great no matter what that article says... everyone's journey is different and you will do absolutely amazing! Enjoy it and rock it... I know you will! Travel safe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to do amazing & I am so stoked for you!! Can't wait to read all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read the recap. Best of luck! I'm sure you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! You are going to ROCK it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm rooting for you and will be checking on you on Instagram :) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting- best of luck! Can't wait to see updates on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck good luck good luck! I can't wait to hear about :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for you! You are gonna kick butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to hear all about how it goes!! I know you will rock it girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'll do great! Don't worry about that article; life is RARELY perfect. You have trained, you'll do just fine sista:-) Don't stress about the car ride home; you won't want to move anyhow;-) Wear some compression socks and stop for a beer if you can. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are going to do AWESOME!!! You kept up your training and bumped your mileage back up as soon as your first marathon was canceled...you'll be fine :) Don't let some silly article trip you out. I am so excited for you! If you can't do an icebath, may two bags of ice to put on your legs on the way home? You can always pitch the ice out the window when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck!!! Will be watching IG for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck, my friend!! The weather looks great, so I KNOW you will do awesome!! Can't wait to see all the pics! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Screw that article! You got this. and P.S. Wear the shorts!

    Go get you 26.2!!!!!

    ReplyDelete