Friday, December 20, 2013

Winding Down & I still loath V-day...

If I haven't said it once, twice, I am saying it again - I am D.O.N.E. with 2013. Looking back I really did have an amazing year and started many new opportunities, which I am thankful for BUT... I am over this year. 

January and February tend to be my two LEAST favorite months - not sure if it is because I live in the frigid cold or just because those months lag, drag, and Valentines Day makes me ill. If I could take one holiday "out back and shoot it" it would be that day. Commercialized lovey crap. Barf... I wrote about my dislike for it last year HERE 

Okay off my rant... Next week is Christmas and I am jammed pack full of fun;) This weekend I have my Christmas party tonight (dress up bay bay;), tomorrow I have a few last minute things to take care, Sunday I am having K9Bish and her kids over to bake cookies and I am spending Sunday night with my bff, who I have been friends with since I was 13 - Beth Ann. Weekend ON!

I will try and get on and get a few posts in next week. I leave the Friday after Christmas for Springfield, MO and hopefully the marathon will take place on Saturday morning;) I can't WAIT!!!! If I am M.I.A. on the blog, you can always catch me on IG @missmel_joy - my happy place;)

Have a stellar weekend

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really busy and fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and have a great weekend! I got new shoes last night for my first half in April! I can't wait to break them in. I'll be busting out 8 or 9 miles on the treadmill because its deathly cold here too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. January and February in general really do kinda suck. It's cold and annoying, and they just drag by. Once Christmas is over, I'm ready for warmer weather. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I agree. But take the good with the bad right. Merry Christmas sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe my SS loathes V-Day - it's one of my favorites! All that red, pink and purple and HEARTS every where! I just love it. And Feb is one of my fav months, probably b/c we have so many family bdays that month, including MINE, and b/c of V Day!!! :) Anywho, have a very Merry Christmas! Wishing you an easy race the next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are coming to Springfield?!?!?! Drinks need to be drank!! :)

    ReplyDelete