Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hurling, Cleaning, and Repeat....

Well my house has had the stomach flu since Thursday and we also have been snowed in since Sunday so my patience is wearing VERY thin... and my house can't get ANY cleaner...

Elle woke up Saturday at 12:30 AM and was sick until around 5:00 AM and then just tired and groggy all day on Sunday - so I cleaned - deep cleaned... Sunday the storm came and we have all been snowed in with 12 inches of snow. Monday the kids didn't have school, so I was home AGAIN and decided to take down my Christmas decorations (except for the tree that doesn't come down until after the 12th) - that caused a mess so I cleaned AGAIN... The rest of the family (minus me) woke up this morning at 1 AM getting sick so guess where I have been all morning? CLEANING!!!

I LOVE to clean - don't get me wrong... I find it therapeutic and a clean house, to me, is peaceful. I don't stress or obsess about cleaning (that much) I just find the time throughout the week to do certain things. Clutter and I are arch enemies, so I don't have that around to worry about. I clean the upstairs bathrooms on Friday nights - the rest of the upstairs I dust, vacuum, etc... on Saturday mornings and I do the downstairs on Sunday nights when we are finished down there. I just have this set schedule and it works.

I don't trust a cleaning person - not because I think she/he might steal my collection of Kohl's jewelry, but because I am not certain that they will clean the dusty baseboards behind my doors;) So I do it myself and I like it that way. I am getting off track here... Moral of today's story is - I don't like cleaning vomit and my house has been cleaned 23 times in the last 4 days AND... I need out of this house so bad. I can't listen to another moan or vomit stricken noise coming from inside these 4 walls. I am going to brave the bad roads and try and make it to the gym this afternoon, if my family will allow me out. AGH!!!!

I will just be inside, AGAIN, sending goofy pics to my friends - if you need me;) Oh I did the boiled water thing where you throw it outside and it makes this big puff of white dust... and burnt my hand... the end...

Happy Tuesday - the WORST day of the week....


Any snow experiment suggestions? Stomach bug hit your house yet? Am I next - AGH!!!?

22 comments:

  1. Oh no you poor thing. No stomach but here just flu and pneumonia. Blech. I hope your family is better, and that your hand is better. Owie!! And another marathon....you animal!!! Wohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds horrible. Hope you are able to escape for a bit today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never forget the time you found the tiniest piece of clear paper on your dining floor.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I'm from St. Louis and we have been snowed in as well! Haven't left the house since Saturday night...AGH! Love the snow days and being off work, but that stomach bug doesn't sound fun. It went around the school where I work really bad before Christmas. Hopefully you avoid it =)
    Good luck at the gym!
    Emily
    withabowontop1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where was the snow when I was there?! I miss it and snow days like crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh Mel... get yourself to that gym asap to burn off that pent up energy!! Hope everyone turns the corner to feeling better asap... and that you can get out of the house!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got over the stomach flu. MISERABLE!!!
    I just finished deep cleaning my house on Sunday afternoon and the bug hit late Sunday night. Now I'm all twitchy because my house needs to be cleaned again.

    I'm over it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness I hope everyone gets better QUICK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I cracked up at the collection of Kohl's jewelry. My only fear with getting my jewelry stolen is I wouldn't be able to replace it as cheaply as I got it in the first place, hah! And goodness, I hope everyone feels better so you can stop cleaning and listening to the vom noises, ewwy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuck! No fun. Although, I feel like I need to get on a cleaning schedule. But, I unlike you, would kill for a cleaning lady. It is Todd that refuses to give in. He is afraid that someone is going to steal "his priceless sports collectibles".

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least you're cleaning your own family's vomit. I cleaned so much of other's vomit at work last night, it was starting to make me gag....and NOTHING makes me gag. I hope everyone is feeling better and things are starting to thaw. I guess the silver lining is that your house is SUPER clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! Hope everyone is better soon and you don't catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope everyone is better soon! We have been snowed in too and I have a bad case of cabin fever! I may have moaned as the kids cheered that school is closed again tomorrow! So ready to get out of this house. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bummer!!! Snow days are not meant to be spent sick. It's got to get better now!

    Also, have you ever written a post on your cleaning schedule? I NEED a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Swine Flu hit our house and left me with an $1100 Emergency Room bill... UGH!!! Oh and it's 26 degrees in Texas and I think about you every.single.time I want to whine about the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh I'm sorry mama! If there is one thing I despise it is the damn stomach flu! I hope it makes an exit quickly and that you made it to the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry, Mel!! I hope everyone is on the mend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. We just got notification of cancelled school again tomorrow.... we were supposed to go back yesterday. I'm ready. There is only so many days I can be snowed in my house. I NEED OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope y'all are feeling better by now!

    Not that you DO follow my blog (girl, you better!! LOL) , but if you did (Stewart Street) then you will need to refollow. Google screwed up my renewal and it basically became impossible for me to keep www.stewartstreetblog.com without purchasing for $69....so my new blog address is lifeaccordingtotrista.com and you can follow on Bloglovin here. http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11553579.

    Happy Almost Friday!

    ReplyDelete