Monday, January 27, 2014

Mi Casa...

It was long weekend. Elle came down sick with a nasty cold and was all out of sorts so I didn't race. I stayed home and loved on her. She needed me and I am okay with that. Basically I stayed indoors and got a ton done. I went out to dinner on Saturday night to one my "The Hill" favs, Zias. I ate my face off and don't care, but honestly I am sure the scale does... OVER IT!!!

Onto better things...

I have a few fun projects coming up at home and I can't wait to see the before and afters. First thing first - the kitchen. Let me let you in on a little secret - I am neutral girl... My house is fairly neutral and all flows, minus the kid's rooms. The kitchen needs a little "umphhhh" if I might say. So we are doing some fun things to the island counter... I am not going to spoil it, but I can't wait to get it done... I would also love to get above cabinet lightening done - we have the under but the above is so "perfect" to me. Here are a few before pics...




I have also been spending an ample amount of time in my office since I started my MBA. I love the color in the office but I think I am ready for something to spruce it up a bit. We will see...


I am also going to be doing a little "jazzing up" to my stairwell. I can't wait to share it with you all. Home projects are always a blast to me - well I am not the one actually DOING them, but I get to enjoy them;) Spring is upon us and that always makes me want to jump on every house project possible... Now just bring on the Spring warmth - I am over this winter. DONE. D.O.N.E.

Any projects going on in your home? Love your above cabinet lightening? Does Spring put you in "do, do, do mode"?

10 comments:

  1. I am ready for warm weather and baseball!!! and yes Spring makes me want to do all kinds of projects to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are about to start making our "house" our "home" and I am so excited. Of course, it would be much more fun if I wasn't juggling school with all the DIY.. oh well! Can't wait to see your afters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the kitchen! We are right in the middle of a complete kitchen makeover too and I am already over the mess....I keep telling myself it will be done soon and back to normal! Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm... Zias! get in my belly please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...yes. I love home re-dos. I've been working on Bella's room since September. Life's busy Yo! Ha! I'll hopefully do a reveal soon. I'm excited to see what you have up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not even joking, above cabinet lighting is one of my favorite things in my house! LOVE IT. Thank God I married an electrician. I spent my Friday painting my girls room, I thought I was a person that hated painting but it turns out I don't suck at it! Now I want to paint everything! We are in the process of putting hardwood floors into our kitchen/dining/living areas and while I'm so excited about it, I can't handle the remodeling mess. It's driving me crazy! Happy Monday, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you doing stone around the island? I have an island just like that. Our stove sits in it. I would love to cover the wood in stone. I think it really warms up the room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see what you do! Looks like a gorgeous home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see all the changes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see your kitchen updates!! You're kitchen is amazing as is!

    ReplyDelete