Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What I have been thinking...

Well hello there everyone... I hope you all are doing stellar this here almost Mid May;) I took a step back from blogging (not IG you know I can't leave my true love - LOL) and I truly believe it has taught me a few things. This post will be open and honest and so it goes...

1. People are crazy or sad... or crazy and sad... You can get so caught up in the Internet world that you forget to look at things from an "outsider". An "outsiders" perspective can be very different then when you are all "up in the mix". Not that being crazy or sad is a bad thing - it is just a different perspective that I had not related to in awhile.

2. Life is passing and time is not about to stop - that beautiful breeze in the backyard feels so good on my pasty skin... that screaming kid telling her brother "you are NOT the best brother anymore" still has the cutest button nose and longest killer eyelashes... Playing Connect 4 367 times in a row IS fun... Sleeping in, in the mornings is AMAZING. I had gotten so caught up in "finding the time" to write posts that I passed some of these things up here and there.

3. I enjoy browsing and then moving on. I would over analyze, re-read, analyze again, etc... It feels nice to skim and move on about my day.

4. Laughter... I missed laughing. I laugh that is just WHO I AM... and I was losing that about myself. I wasn't laughing as much anymore - I was getting stressed, hurt, and fun Mel was becoming somewhat of a "fun sponge".

5. Competitive Mel was rearing her ugly head... I have never been one to dismiss the fact that I am a competitive person but sometimes this can get out of control. I always root for everyone to reach their dreams, potential, and/or fulfill their goals and there was a part of me that was getting annoyed and spiteful. That is NOT ME! I don't like that part of me, even though comparing ourselves to one another is human nature - it can spiral out of control and I was headed down that road. I had to NIX that in the bud with a quickness. Feels nice to have the "good ole Mel" back.

6. Validation... I admit, getting validation from others was nice (if anyone tells you that they don't enjoy validation from others, they are LYING in my opinion) - but was it truly needed? No it wasn't. I have wonderful friends and family that support and encourage me. My friends IRL and the one's I have met online that are now my life long friends, love me for me and know the real me.

7. Not everyone will like or understand me... Yes it is true I struggle with this. I want to be a good person that people walk away from and say "she was really nice, I enjoyed meeting her" but truth is, NOT everyone will understand or like me. After I took a step back I realized that I can be the nicest person on the planet and SOMEONE will always find something negative to say or think. No I don't think it is okay, but I deal with it better now.

8. I am a passionate girl... Yep... I am passionate about what I do and that included blogging and sometimes being completely passionate can make or break you. I was caught up in posting EVERY SINGLE DAY, trying to make my content worthwhile, and/or giving the readers what THEY want to hear. That type of passion turned into resentment and time spent doing something that just didn't bring me that much joy anymore. Sad, but true.

With all this being said, I still love the blog world and the wonderful relationships it forms, help it provides to those in need, and... not going to lie, entertainment. To say I am done blogging is a LIE... I love popping in and saying hi, sharing stories of my life, and seeing how everyone is doing. I just felt compelled to state these eight findings today for my own personal reference.

Hope this finds you all well and have a wonderful rest of May:)

23 comments:

  1. Keep it real girlfriend! I think a lot of bloggers feel the same way over time. Take Care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in a blogging rut.. I just need to step back and see what will be best for me! I enjoy blogging but do I need to do it everyday?
    I guess I need to just figure it out ;) lol
    You do you! It's always the best option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. missed ya! Keep on keeping on, and I will keep on reading. Enjoy those babies, and blog when you can. We will be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get that way too and take time off... like today and sometimes longer stints of time. I do miss reading about your happenings and wonder how things are going for you. I love this post, I get it. Until next time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you girlie, and savor every moment -- LOVE this post (and you my friend!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to hear from you, I love following you on IG. And all of this rings true xo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speak it sister! I say do more of what makes you happy and blog when it makes you feel that way! I do love reading about how you're doing so check in once in awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such an awesome person and your laugh is beyond contagious! Love ya girl, on the blog in IRL too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *nods head in agreement* ....well I miss your posts, but luckily I get to see your pretty face on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annnnnd this is why I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes we all need to just step away awhile..it's refreshing and eye opening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you! You have your priorities in the right order and that's all that matters! I'm sure the kiddos love having a little more mom time now too. I'm just glad this wasn't a sign-off post and we'll still hear from you from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love you and I'm so glad I got to meet you. Hopefully one day soon we'll tear it up on the dance floor. You are a true, genuine girl Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved that post! You do you girly - make yourself and your family happy above anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I have been struggling all week to post on the blog and today I thought "why am I stressing over not having time to write a good blog post?" Life is too short, work is busy right now and I like coming home and relaxing and having fun. The blog world is great but it can definitely be overwhelming sometimes.

    Thanks for keeping it real Mel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am soooo thankful you had this blog and I was able to meet you! This lead to me being able to call you a TRUE friend. Someone I adore and trust, 100%. Love this post....I have taken a step back from social media and it feels GREAT! Like you said, time doesn't stop. Love you, silly, sweet, goofy, genuine Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you're back!!! You are such a genuine person, thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice to hear from you!! It's crazy, and yes I'm crazy too, what the blog world does!! I haven't been into it in so long, and this last weekend didn't pick up any electronic device at all! It felt so great!! I miss you, but totally get you being away!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heart u Mel !!! You are an amazing woman and inspire me ! Keep up the amazing work ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im on the fence about quitting blogging or not...I just cant seem to find the time...anyways I miss your posts - but I totally get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete